Our General English course is based on the methods that suit learners best! On this course you will get plenty of practice speaking, listening, reading and writing in English, as well as help with vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation, using carefully chosen course materials from established publishers and complimentary materials. We use the communicative language approach and task based learning to ensure that you will get practical English knowledge and all the tools to enhance your English language skills.
Students who choose our General English (21 lessons, 25 lessons and 30 lessons) will have the opportunity to choose from the following classes
- Communication Skills - An emphasis on skills and vocabulary development based around a different topic each week.
- English in the Workplace - This business themed course provides practical business skills for students working or preparing for work in a wide range of industries. Our course covers a mix of business scenarios including meetings, presentations and negotiations. We address key issues for companies and workers such as how to stay competitive or offer good customer service.
- Academic Skills - For students currently studying or who wish to attend university. This course will equip you with the skills to evaluate, disseminate and produce academic work in English. Themes include Academic Style, Academic Listening (for lectures), Language for Presentations and Academic Vocabulary.
- English for Tourism and Hospitality -This is a skills-based course designed for students who need to use English in their day-to-work in the tourism, hospitality and travel industries. The core language skills are developed through a wide range of work-related tasks. We include realistic and integrated communication tasks which give students the opportunity to build confidence and improve fluency.
- General English Kiev Live -This new elective takes the learning outside of the classroom. Students learn on-the-go using specially designed authentic materials that develop all-round English skills. There is an emphasis on functional language and communication skills. Students get to explore the city and interact with the general public in this dynamic new elective.
Listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar, and activities.
What's the age of our students?
16-19 years: 12%
20-25 years: 46%
26-30 years: 20%
31-40 years: 14%
> 40 years: 8%
The majority of our students are between 20 and 25 years old, of which 55% is female and 45% male.
Students over 30
It doesn’t matter if you would like to learn English for professional reasons or for personal enjoyment. With Courses by Kevin, you will find the best course to meet your needs or objectives. If you are learning English for professional reasons, we recommend that you consider our fast-track courses, so that you can focus the course on your own personal needs and areas of interest.
Students over 50
It’s never too late to learn English! Every year, Courses by Kevin welcomes a considerable number of more mature students. Many of them say that their stay with us helps to make them feel young again! At a more mature age, the rhythm of learning is different to younger students. If you are over 50, you can take any course – Group course or Individual course during each individual Tutor will help you to benefit from the lesson.